We are seeking an entry level traffic/transportation engineer for our Indianapolis office. This position will support our traffic and transportation design departments which provide engineering services for INDOT, WisDOT, local municipalities, and private clients.
- Develop safety studies, intersection/interchange modification studies, signal timing studies, traffic modeling, signing and marking plans and MOT plans.
- Perform traffic impact studies for new developments.
- Provide traffic engineering forecasting and analysis using a variety of software programs including Synchro, SimTraffic, HCS, and Sidra.
- Conduct field activities such as traffic counts, traffic observations, origin destination studies.
- Conduct and assist with signal designs and develop drawings for traffic signals, signing and pavement markings for transportation projects.
- Conduct and assist with roadway lighting design.
- Prepare construction cost estimates, proposals, and bid evaluations.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering
- Entry level position: 0-3 years experience
- Previous experience in traffic and/or transportation engineering is desired
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Passing of FE exam is preferred
- Familiarity with traffic related manuals and standards such as HCM, MUTCD, ITE Trip Generation Manual, AASHTO is preferred
- Experience with traffic engineering and planning software such as HCS, Synchro/SimTraffic, Sidra, and MicroStation/AutoCAD is preferred
EMCS offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefit program with a 401(k) match and strong commitment to professional development and community involvement. If you are looking to put your skills to work with a highly motivated, high quality team; we’ve got a spot for you!
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply online or submit a resume to our human resources representative:
1300 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233